Auction Room Assistant / Driver (Full-time position)
An exciting opportunity to work for a long established family firm expanding fast. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual to join our team and work in our fast paced and constantly evolving auction rooms. The role is based at our Granary sale room, where we hold our monthly Homes and Interiors auction.
- Represent our business by visiting clients in the company van and collecting goods for auction.
- Advise clients about the auction procedures and accept items for sale.
- Catalogue and photograph items for auction sales.
- General portering duties including setting up for auction day, unpacking boxes, carrying and moving furniture.
- Assist on viewing days by advising clients with lots, taking bids, dealing with enquiries.
- Assist with auction sale days by operating the live internet bidding system, taking payments and collecting sold items.
- Office duties include emails, telephone enquiries, entering data onto our back office program, updating customer profiles etc.
Skills and Experiences:
The successful candidate should have a working knowledge of auctions and be able to catalogue and value items for auction. The candidate will have impeccable customer service skills, be extremely self motivated and proactive, but be able to work as part of the existing team. They should be willing and physically able to lift furniture.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am-1pm and 2pm-5.30pm. 37.5hours a week across five working days, plus two Saturday mornings per month. (9am - 1pm viewing days and 9am - 12pm collection days)
Applications: please send your CV and a COVERING LETTER by email to email@example.com
Closing date: 21st February 2022