How to: Bid Live Online
We're very excited to announce that you can now BID LIVE ONLINE directly with us AND you will avoid all third-party charges by doing so.
That's right! Bid directly with us (whether you're in the room, a telephone bid, an absentee/auto-bid or live online) you will only have the usual 24% commission (inc. VAT) to add on to the hammer price.
For more details on how to do this please continue reading...
How to register for an auction:
(1) You will be required to Login/Register for an account on our website.
You will find the buttons to do this in the top right hand corner.
(2) Next, go to the auction you are interested in by clicking on 'Auction Calendar', and register for that sale.
This will give you access to participate in that auction. This includes requesting condition reports, adding items to your wishlist, leaving absentee/autobids, and bidding live on the day.
How to leave an Absentee/Autobid:
(1) Once you are logged in and register for the sale date (see above). View the catalougue, and click on to the lot you would like to bid on.
(2) To the right of the photograph, you will see 'Max Bid' and a box to type your maximum amount in to. Type the amount, and click 'Place Autobid'.
By leaving an Autobid the computer will automatically bid on your behalf up to the amount you specify here. Your bids will appear as live internet bids to the Auctioneer, and the Auctioneer will not be aware of your maximum bid at any time.
(Although there is no additional charge for this online service, please remember to consider the usual 24% commission (inc. VAT) that will be added to the hammer price).
(3) You will be emailed an invoice at the end of the auction if you are successful. This invoice will include a payment link and bank transfer details. We ask for payment to be made immediately, and require payment and collection within 7 days - for more details on payment please see our terms & conditions.
How to Bid Live Online:
(1) Once you are logged in and registered for the sale date (see above). Go to the catalogue you are interest in.
(2) Just before the auction start time, a button saying 'Watch Live' will appear - click this.
A live screen will open. You will be able to see and hear the auctioneer live. You will also be able to see the lot image they are currently selling, the current price, and a button saying 'BID'.
(3) When you want to bid - click the 'BID' button.
The auctioneer will provide a final warning before the hammer goes down.
(Although there is no additional charge for this online service, please remember to consider the usual 24% commission and VAT that will be added to the hammer price).
(4) You will be emailed an invoice at the end of the auction if you were successful. This invoice will include a payment link and bank transfer details. We ask for payment to be made immediately, and require payment and collection within 7 days - for more details on payment please see our terms & conditions.
Please note: we do still stream our live auctions on 2 third-party platforms (EasyliveAuction.com and the-saleroom.com) both have their own additional charges to be aware of should you leave our site and use them instead.
For more details on their charges please click here.
If further assistance is required, please contact us via email (email@example.com). We kindly ask you to refrain from telephoning as not all staff members will be able to assist with website issues.
We really hope your enjoy this new and improved customer journey, and we're excited to announce further big upgrades in the near future...watch this space!< Back to News